View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 07:52 AM   #38
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Episode 4 - Settling things down

I actually liked the way that they dealt with Rand and Mat's travels, which was a bit of a drag in the books. They could have explained Mat's state of mind a little better. There was a throwaway line in the books, that a pebble from Shadar Logath stuck in your shoe will eventually corrupt and kill you. It also shadows what happens when a man channels for too long. I'm not sure if a viewer coming from scratch would get the significance of the dagger.

Later, Thom. It's been grand.

Enjoying Logain. Also that they are starting to get into the politics of the world a bit, talking about Ajahs at the White Tower. I'm expecting that they will expound on the 'link' and gentling of Logain in the next episode. It's time there is some friction beyond simply Light and Dark.

After the breakneck speed of the first two episodes, character development is finally taking a bigger role. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the showrunners that things will be explained in due course.

I'm also trying to be careful to not talk about future events, but some of the small things that are in the show that have some significance, it's worth pointing out.

Not to mention some of the changes they have made will have big implications later on and will necessitate more changes down the road.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote