View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 03:47 PM   #25
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Episode 2 : Thoughts

I can see what they are doing with the first few episodes now. They are really getting into some of the nitty gritty of the world building, which makes sense to introduce the series to a new audience. That mean a lot of the character development is feeling a little rushed, but now that they have separated some of the characters smaller groups, I'm hoping that they slow down a bit an let the characters breathe.

Two episodes in, and a viewer should know that there are Aes Sedai, Whitecloaks, a mention of Borderlands, trollocs and Fades, even some of the wider world such as the White Tower and Logain's War. That's a big exposition dump. I hope that they leave it at that for a bit, and let the characters wander into some situations, letting the world explain itself.

So far, a pretty good start and really setting the stage moving forward. Even got a mention of Manetheren in there. All that a new watcher would need to know about that is that Manetheren (the Two Rivers) is a backwater that had very little distillation of the 'old blood', meaning that people with more unusual abilities are likely to be born there. They are also basically hicks.

Time to have an episode where Perrin can grieve his wife, for God's sakes.