View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 03:01 PM   #22
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Hmm...

Okay, so there are some fans on here apparently.

Spoil away I suppose, I'm not going to be too upset at that, but in the meantime along with your discussions about how the show doesnt really track perfectly along with the books, could we also elaborate a little?

I gotta say, as someone who hasnt read the books, nor has any plans to, I'm somewhat intrigued by the show...but I do find at times that I trouble following whats going on in the over-arching scheme of things and getting a little lost.

Would you say that the show is expecting a little background knowledge or is it still just trying to find its feet?

I think like any TV series based on a book series (e.g. Game of Thrones, the Expanse) there will be some depth to the world and background that doesn't come across and the first couple of episodes I could see it being difficult to keep up with everything going on. But so far it looks like the show is making an attempt to provide some of that background, even if it means inserting a bit of exposition. So I think people could enjoy it and figure out what's going on without having read the books, even if there is a bit "extra" that book readers would understand.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote