View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 09:19 AM   #2329
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
My son picked up a ‘91 Honda CRX as his first DIY car. It’s in pretty decent shape but the windshield is cracked. The seller has another CRX - just a shell - and he’ll give us the un-cracked glass from it.

Question…I’m assuming my son can remove the glass from both cars himself (valid assumption?) but should he try the installation himself? If not, will auto glass places let you bring your own glass? I have to think replacement glass would be expensive to buy.
Don't do it yourself. The adhesive they use is not like the 70's when you could heat it up and cut it with a guitar string. If you have no option for a new windshield, which is probably around $300 installed, take the donor to the glass shop and let them remove. They have extra long flexible paddles that attach to a recip and they can pull it in no time without breaking it.

Also for the cost of the products you need to install it properly just get it done right.

So cool that he found a CRX, those early 90's are one of my faves, great look and fun to drive! Good luck
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post: