View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #3451
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
No, but Fan in Exile did, before you jumped into the conversation on his side. Your language was heated and inflammatory, and I, for one, got the impression that you not only agreed with F.I.E., but took an even stronger position than that. I know I'm not involved, and I'm not trying to take a side; but I thought a neutral observer's point of view might be informative.

By the way, you make it look like Jankowski has lost $930,000, or the entire difference between his AHL and NHL salaries for the year. Since those salaries are prorated by the day, he has so far lost about $40,000. Even if no trades occur in the near future, Jankowski is certain to be the first callup when a forward is injured, and I suspect he will stay up for the rest of the season. In that case, the money he has lost is scarcely more than a rounding error. Of course, if he does spend the year in the AHL, he will be entitled to some high-class grumbling; but it's premature to predict that just yet.
Okay, I guess I fanned the flames on this. But I did qualify all of my statements. I said if things aren't resolved soon, I can see Jankowski demanding a trade next summer. Is that really so far-fetched?
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote