View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #58
JRW
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Your job uncertainly is the biggest issue, but wanted to comment on the rest of it.

I've seen people wait for drops before buying many times before, and many end up sitting on the sideline forever.
They won't buy in an increasing market, cause they're awaiting the impending doom.
But when prices do drop, they still sit on the sideline because they're trying to time the absolute bottom. Won't buy at 5% down, cause it might go to 10%. Won't buy at 10% down, cause it might go 15%.
Next thing you know, it rebounds quickly and they missed out on the down market while it was there and they spend another 3 years waiting for the next down cycle.

My 2 cents: Don't drive yourself crazy trying to time the exact bottom and top on all cycles. Buy in down cycles, and sell in up cycles and you'll generally do very well in the long term. Not to mention owning the right home for you at the right time, which has value in itself.
I absolutely support what you're saying. However, maybe buying at the very beginning of a down cycle is not the best idea?

http://calgaryherald.com/business/re..._lsa=c2e2-aa08