View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #37
Mike__
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Buff+Apr 11 2005, 08:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buff @ Apr 11 2005, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike__@Apr 10 2005, 10:04 AM
Yah I tried plugging it into the WAN port and no luck. Both computers had no connection. Right now it's in the Uplink port so I can get here and get some advice but it only works for one computer.

Could it be with my connection settings?
Well you can do one of two things. You can login to the router and clear your DHCP table. Actually do that first. I'm going to assume you know how to do that. Probably your router is set to give you addresses for a certain amount of time and that time hasn't expired. I've seen this happen. If you cannot logon to your router, or clearing the DHCP table doesn't help, then you should probably have a reset button on the back of the router. With the router on, press this button and hold it down for about 6 seconds (you'll need something pointy like a pen). This will reset all settings and connections. [/b][/quote]
I'll give it a shot but I have a feeling it has something to do with the connection to my other computer. There are 3 LED lights for each port. Link/Act, Full/Col and 100. For the cable that connects my other computer to my router only Link/Act lights up. Is that normal or what? I tried pinging my computer IP on the other one and it says Timed Out.

Also checked ip config and everything seems to be in order. So I'm guessing either the cable is faulty or the settings are messed up for the other computer. BTW I did try switching ports and no luck so the ports are fine.