View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #2025
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
So I finally got word my Voltbike Yukon 750 is on its way. Excited to get using this bike as my daily commuter to work almost all year round.

Since we don’t have any sort of bike shop where I live I am going to have to do maintenance myself and figured I should get a bike stand. What do you guys recommend I should be looking at? I am new to the would of bike maintenance. The bike is around 70lbs with the battery.
Prepare to have alot of down time. Colt,surface 604 etc are super unreliable. Bad controllers ,bad displays bad B.M.S. and bad torque sensor's.

That's how I got my foot in the door to start in bike shops. I repeaired ebikes and built ebikes. I had bikes myself that could get up to 80+km/hr. They are so unreliable those brands I was fixing 3 to 5 a day. The shop I worked eventually had to pull the plug on fixing cheap ebikes because it takes to long to trouble shoot and fix . The fixes were expensive and made no money on the labour. I actually stopped working on them in general and got rid of my evikes because unless you have a bosch or shimano bike they all suck for reliability.
Sorry to tell you this but maintenance wise pop over here and have a read because that's the majority of problems you will get.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 08-02-2020 at 06:55 PM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post: