View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #4507
Groot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Stuck at home so I thought I would leave this here for lulz. I caught this chat on a much smaller lesser known forum than this, HF, or reddit, and the Oilers fanbase delusions run consistent everywhere!

Flames Fan: "Also of note, with Edmonton's win last night, it means they have won at least half their games in a season (41 wins or 24 in a lockout year) for the THIRD time since the 1987-1988 season. The Oilers are also poised to win more games this season than any since the same 87-88 season as they have never won more then 41 games in that 31 year time-period. For comparison, Vancouver has had 15 winning seasons same period, Flames 16, Toronto 8."

Oil Fan: "And yet 5 Cups and they are going to dominate for the next decade because the Oilers have McDavid while your joke team's best player is Backlund"

FF: "Outside of a window from 82-89 the Oilers have been the biggest joke in the NHL. And the only reason they aren't still the biggest joke and get a third winning season is because they got dumb luck on a lottery. Delusional Oilers fan ignore that they had 28 out 31 losing seasons up this current season, because they won 5 cups with the greatest player that ever played 30 years ago and the right plastic balls got picked for them. Oilers aren't dominating anything anytime soon. And while McDavid is better then any Flame, Giordano, Hamilton, Brodie, Monahan, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, and Backlund are better then any Oiler not named McDavid."

OF: "Again it really doesn't matter how many guys the Flames have that are better than our players (even though Talbot and Drai are better than anyone on that joke team). We have McDavid. You don't. You are irrelevant in a comparison as a result. McDavid level players win cups. Teams led by a floating wing and a 50 point possession center get second round exits."

So there you have it, according the Oilers fans, one elite player wins Cups, not depth.

And a bonus quote I caught on the radio last time I was in Edmonton,l for work, when they are in their 2-6 losing skid. From a TSN radio host on 1260, don't know his name but whoever is on around noon.

(Trying to calm panicked fans down after going 2-6)
"I told the fans at the start of the season we're playing with house money this year. And at this point in the season, who would have expected us to be where we are, in a playoff spot in only our second year"

Even professionals up north are drinking the kool-aid, apparently lucking into McDavid erased the prior 9 years of futility in their minds too.

TL/DR: Edmonton is no good
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Groot For This Useful Post: