View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #28
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
None of the goalies were terrible heading into that season. Hiller had just carried us to the second round of the playoffs, Ramo had given us some solid play in of round two, and IMO Ortio was a better prospect than Jon Gillies who had a great mix of positional play, athletic play, and that year his puck handling had taken some real steps.

I blame Tre for some things that season (The mishandling of Paul Byron, Brett Kulak), I blame Hartley for others (the penalty kill), and the goalies do take a brunt of the blame for how things shook out (Hiller losing all talent, Ortio being unable to flip a switch given backup deployment, Ramo being unable to find another gear early on when the team put their faith in him), but I probably would have ended up painted into a corner with that three goalie monster myself.
That is why Treliving is paid to make tough decisions.

This to me was unacceptable, as there are 3 goalies and 2 nets and for the first month of the season, the coaches couldn’t go and have a simple normal practice. Not good for the goalies, and not good for the team.

I don’t see too many other GMs who painted themselves in the corner like that.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote