View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #4293
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
KK receives as much animosity as Nenshi. Let's not pretend this is a 1 way street. They are both equally (IMO) to blame for the state of this entire process.

People get annoyed at Nenshi because of his arrogance and demeanor. His whole attitude towards this process has seemed "My way, or we don't care if you leave"

For hockey fans, this can seem like a personal attack on something they love. They feel Nenshi doesn't care about hockey, and would rather make a name for himself then work out a deal (And this may be true)

I don't think any (rational) fan expects the city to roll over. However, any (rational) non hockey fan should realize that is Calgary doesn't make some consessions, another market WILL (eventually) build a stadium. A sports team is a limit supply asset, where demand is there.

However, with KK and Nenshi this will never move forward in a intelligent manor.
I agree that both sides are partially to blame for the current standoff, but I more or less completely agree with Nenshi's position. He told them he isn't willing to buy them an arena. CSEC had a fit and walked away.

As for the part I've bolded, you've got this backwards. It is cities large enough to support an NHL team that are in short supply. The NHL would gleefully have 100 teams across the world if it could find cities to put them in.