View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #3308
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Not hardly. CSEC did not need the City's help or permission to talk to the Stampede board. And they certainly didn't need the City to tell them where the arena has to be built, take it or leave it.

Based on his latest statements, it looks to me awfully like Mr. Nenshi wants a billion-dollar bauble in Victoria Park to be his legacy, and he wants the Flames to pay for a big chunk of it. They get to build it where he wants, when he wants, how he wants, and they also get to pay the entire cost themselves. Now, how could anybody refuse an offer like that?
But CSEC didn't do those things. They have not made any serious proposal to date, that the public has knowledge of.

Meanwhile, the city has been preparing plans for exactly what the Flames should want, all the while requesting that CSEC join them in planning.

If the Flames are seriously still stuck on CalgaryNEXT, I don't know what to say. That proposal was dead on the evening it was announced. That project on that site withvthat funding model is 100% impossible to happen, no matter who sits on council.