View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #13
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
3 weeks+1 day into the season with a team that's won as many as they've lost. Gracious.
Whatever it takes I guess for people to feel good about themselves in making sweeping generalizations already, I guess.
No. This right here is the problem. This thinking that "well it's still early to be making those generalizations."

The OP has a fair point. When I look at both of these players now, I think of the exact same thing. Yes, it IS a sample size of 10 games. Yes, we are a .500 club even with these bad defensive lapses and poor goaltending. We as a fanbase have had to deal with these kinds of issues year after year after year. Elite teams go up 6-3 not sink back down to .500. Elite teams do not have a goalie who is sub .900 Save %.

Neal on the other hand has been CONSISTENT as far as scoring is concerned every other team he has played for, but is looking old, slow, and disinterested very similar to Brouwer. Another posted mentioned in a previous thread that between Brouwer's 1.5 plus Neal's 5.75, that is 7.25M of cap space that has a total of 1 GOAL for the flames this year.

After 10 games, OP is not wrong. Call it overreaction if you want, but the numbers speak for themselves.

Last edited by SmoggyFlamesFan; 10-25-2018 at 09:00 PM.
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote