View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #253
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Meh, the nature of discussion. It's okay to veer off a bit and learn some knew things. Like I just learned a new term being currently used for drug dependence from Ozy, and who knows what else comes from the discussion.

Is that okay with you if a bit of this happens, or should we go back and delete everything?
A natural evolution of the topic is understandable and expected. I apologize if I came across as trying to police the thread.

My point was - and I still feel this is valid - is that when talking about real, and sometimes awkward issues such as a safe injection site, it seems there's a hesitation to directly address the issue, sometimes in favour of the aforementioned "yeah, but..."

So yes, there are other drug users out there - all types - and yes, the difference between addiction and dependence is interesting, but (to me) it seems like a bit of "hey, look over there - other bad stuff that's not quite as bad as the topic at hand, but, but... look!", rather than just being honest that there are users of the safe injection site that are addicts and some of them are bad people that will do bad things to people and property in the area... Well unfortunate, I don't think someone's boss' coke habit warrants the same level of discussion or concern.

To me, that's the point of the thread - to address those people, to see if there is a different or better way to help or deal with those people and to acknowledge and address that those people are having a negative effect on the area and those that live and work within it and to discuss whether the good outweighs the bad when it comes to apparent the trade offs with the safe injection site.

Last edited by you&me; 08-12-2019 at 11:42 AM.
you&me is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post: