View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 12:00 PM   #1018
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Ok thinking I may want to dip my toes into the smoker thing. Very faithful bbqer. What should I be looking for in a smoker. I don’t have a huge budget (sub $300 would be nice... maybe used?) but I do have a family of 4. Room isn’t an issue, and I did find a giant barrel style one for $275 on fb marketplace. But no clue on where to start.
How important is convenience for you? Pellet is definitely the way to go if so, potentially even a Bradley electric.

If you're willing to go the charcoal route I found the Weber Smokey Mountains a good way to dabble in in smoking. Lots of top end potential so you won't be limited that way. Get it on a sale or used and you'll definitely hit the $300 budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I picked up a Weber Spirit E-210 and tried it out last night, I found that it was definitely not heating evenly as burgers on the top left barely started cooking and bottom right were cooking fast. How do I figure this out and make adjustments? I just bought a nice strip for a bbq this weekend and don't want to have this issue.

Edit: Its Natural Gas
Blocked burner? Who assembled it? Maybe pull out the manual and see if there was an installation error. Webers are known for nice even heat so clearly something is wrong.
I-Hate-Hulse is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I-Hate-Hulse For This Useful Post: