View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #1013
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Now get a smoker, try the 3-2-1 method and compare the two!
You honestly can’t beat smoker ribs, my wife too was a instapot guru and prefers the smoker after just 1 cook.

I was skeptical myself, best choice I made!

Mind you not as fast obviously, but worth the wait I promise.
I never said the Instant Pot method was better than 3-2-1 on a smoker, or any other "low and slow" method... But I do feel that, with a little bit of effort beyond just the pressure cooker, the IP ribs can get to be within about 90% of the best ribs I've had that took 6+ hours...

Now I love a good slow braise, sous vide, smoke or other low and slow method as much as the next guy - to me there's no better way to enjoy a relaxing Sunday than putting time and effort all day into an epic meal.

My point, however, is that in the case of ribs, IMO there are short cut ways to produce results nearly as good as the ultimate method, and for me, the ~10% increase in deliciousness of slow cooked ribs isn't necessarily worth the 600% increase in time. And it's not always about being "worth" the time - as a family, we just plain don't have time to spend 6 hours prepping a meal more than 1 or 2 times a month and especially not on a week night...
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote