View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #307
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Again, you made the conscious effort to call them kids to defend your own narrative that his wasn't an adult criminal. He wasn't a kid.

I'm sorry, but when you decide to start a crime spree with a loaded weapon and put innocent people at risks for your life, it's not villainizing, it's simply being a villain.

With that said, yes, he didn't deserve to die and yes, I believe it's an extremely unfortunate situation. But with all the injustices in the world, you should be able to understand why some people aren't losing sleep because some criminal with a loaded gun who was on a crime spree is dead.
These are fair points. If everyone could also understand why some people are experiencing frustration and anger and grief over the premature and pointless death of yet another young indigenous person (in a long, long line of such deaths), with little in way of closure or anything that feels like justice, this country might be able to take the first tentative steps towards reconciliation. I hope it happens one day.