View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 08:15 AM   #3774
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
How is that breaking the law again? Calling someone a c*** isn't against the law as far as I'm aware.

And no, I don't think a cop can charge you for calling him bad words. It happens quite a bit.

I just looked it up and it appears to vary state by state and can be construed as "disorderly conduct" if it's severe, however, the officer would have to make a clear case for the arrest with corroborating reports from others on the incident.

For the record, his conduct is entirely inappropriate, and he deserves a reprimand, but I don't see a crime here.

It's for sure assault when he bumps into her. It's the oldest cop trick in the book. Walk up to someone and initiate contact then arrest them for assault on a police officer. He actually does contact her. That's 100% indictable in Canada.

Also when you call someone an f'ing c like that is definitely trying to start a fight so whatever statute represents disorderly conduct or causing a disturbance applies to that jurisdiction.

I wouldn't go so far as to suggest uttering threats but he does ask her where she works and what would happen if he came there. That sounds like harassment to me and something police would happily charge you with in reversed rolls.

That's all you have to do really is reverse rolls and you'll see why you're still somewhat blind to what cops get away with. Walk up to the next cop you see, bump into him, stand an inch from his face and call him an f'ing c. Then threaten to stalk him at his office. It's a super easy test to administer. I think it's also a necessary one to truly understand what law is and how it can be abused.

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 07-01-2020 at 11:17 AM.