View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 09:36 PM   #1004
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

As a add on, because every Friday was an event at the old pavillion.

I was there the night that the Bulldogs who had returned to Stampede Wrestling broke up.

During a match between Dynamite Kid and I think Kerry Brown. Brown hit Dynamite with a foreign object, and Davy Boy came out for the save. Thanks to some nice timing when Dynamite turned around Davy had taken the object from Kerry and was standing there holding it and Dynamite thought he'd been double crossed but they seemed to work things out.

But later in the match during Davy's match Dynamite came down to the ring and mounted the top rope with a chain and hit Davy with a wicked shot busting him open. Then Dynamite proceeded to beat the hell out of his former friend.

The emotion was amazing this kid beside me was sobbing and screaming, "He didn't do it Dynamite he didn't do it". Of course me my buddy part of the pro heel faction were counter yelling "He totally did it Dynamite, pound the bastard".

There was a near riot that night as well as a helpless Davy lay in the middle of the ring with the crimson mask while Dynamite stood over him with a look of pure hatred.

It wasn't a stretch.

In real life there were serious problems between Dynamite and Davy over everything, booking, money, Dynamites mental and physical problems. At that point they according to Dynamites book and Diana Harts book hated each other and couldn't be in the same room together.

The other thing was that Dynamite just didn't work as a smiling face because in real life, he hated the audience he performed in front of. He loved the act of wrestling but he hated entertaining the crowd, its why he was always a much better heel, and in this case he became an absolutely vicious heel.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: