View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 10:16 PM   #69
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I want to get a new TV. I'm looking at Costco because I have gift cards and I've narrowed my choice between these two: LG OLED55C9 55-in & Vizio Quantum PQ65-F1 65-in

I sit pretty close to the TV so 55 inches is about the perfect size. They don't have the Vizio in that size so I'm looking at the 65in. If they did this decision would be easier.

The C9 is on sale for the same price as the C8 so that's a bonus. I could get the E8 for $300 less but I think the new features of the C9 are worth the extra money. What I'm not sure is if they're worth $1000 over getting the Vizio.

Things like eARC and VRR are interesting. I'd like to use my TV for more PC gaming so that could be a plus. Both have excellent input lag, with the LG being a touch ahead.

The picture quality of the LG is obviously better in every way except brightness. My living room doesn't get much light so that isn't a huge issue. I never had an issue with my plasma.

My only real concern with the LG is burn-in. I never had serious issues with my plasma. Is the risk worse on OLED?

My biggest concern with Vizio is quality. A two-year warranty is nice but I hope to keep it a lot longer than that. Am I going to be replacing it in a few years? I also have the same concern with the LG. I don't know if their longevity has been tested enough.

I'm edging towards the LG but I think I could be happy saving a grand and going with the Vizio. If anyone has any insight let me know.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote