View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #1774
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Have we reached the point where RB is the least valuable position in the league? We have to be pretty close if not. I've said before I'd rather have an elite kicker than an elite RB, but maybe I'd also rather have an elite punter over an elite RB too? The punter one is a conundrum because of course you would ideally rarely use your punter. But if you had like the Justin Tucker of punters who could pin the opponent inside the 10 almost every time? That is definitely more valuable than an elite RB.
I don't agree as it's based on the type of offense a team runs. In pass happy offenses I feel it's less valuable but some teams still feature the run to set up the pass. Where would the Titans be without Henry? I feel Josh Jacobs individual efforts has led more directly to wins for the Raiders than Mack ever did. The issue with the position is longevity. Most RB's that come into the league as rookies and take on heavy workloads are nearly spent by the time they reach free agency. Le'Veon Bell was arguably the best back in the league a few years back and he's pretty well done today. Pollard has been better that Elliott this season and politics are limiting his carries but a savvy organization would focus more on retaining their top QB and WR before RB and of course Jones did the exact opposite and the reality is that Elliott is on the downside of his career and has a contract that has a lot of dead money attached for the next three seasons.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: