View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #105
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Is classest an insult? Im ok if it is and i am labelled one. I worked hard and paid thru my nose to be where cars on blocks are not the landscape.
Sorry but it is true that expensive neighborhoods are and look better maintained.
And yes paying a premium does in fact entitle me. In a nice neighbourhood streets are cleaner and pot holes are fixed faster. Thats what paying a much larger tax bill gets you.

And most importantly, an expensive neighborhood almost guarantees that backyard mechanics or people that park on the lawn will look elsewhere. This is the very idea of what good neighborhoods vs bad ones offer and why you have to pay a premium to live there. Im not sure why you don't see it. You can disagree with it, but you can't change it.

I know I sound insensitive, but it's just life. Flying business class is more expensive for a reason too, and we can't blame people for using that privilege. I don't enjoy looking at them from coach, but that's not their fault that I can't afford it.
I don't think you understand how taxes work. How much you pay in taxes in unrelated to what service you receive. So your potholes should not Ben fixed first becuase you pay more taxes.

A more expensive neighbourhood does entitle to be free from backyard mechanics or a neighbour with a perfect long. It might be more likely, but bylaw enforcement should be equitable across the city. The OP has done nothing wrong with the 6 cars he works on regularly and their is nothing wrong with it. That you look down on people working on cars is classest and the assumption that your nice neighbourhood contains better people is unfounded snobbery.

The problem with your attitude isn't that you get to spend more on nice things
It's that you believe you are entitled to have others around you behave in a certain way because you spent more money.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote