View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #66
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Yeah pretty much this exactly. Uber would be even worse because you essentially need $800 to get set up then you make $10 an hour. The business model is built to take advantage of the gullible, and while I've actually enjoyed it so far, it'd be a pretty #### way to earn.

It's good for someone like me who has an injury keeping them away from their regular job and wants to fill up 3-4 hours in a day a few times a week instead of being completely lazy and going on ei or something . Or would be a decent thing for someone semi retired. You make a little bit of money, keep busy, and its stress free. But if you're after part time work for the money I'd say go work at earls or something.
I dont mean to offend but do you ever get the impression that it works because some people just want something to do?

You said it yourself, you were just sitting around and decided to just give it a whirl to keep yourself busy.

It promotes sloth and prevents social interaction which in their time and place is fine.

But its not something you're going to get rich doing. It strikes me as something where the wages are probably pretty bad but they are supplementary. Its not your job, just something you do in your spare time that meets some of your needs and other people's at the same time and you might make a few bucks in the process.

Its kind of an interesting social experiment.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote