View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 11:37 PM   #64
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Yeah, I feel bad for anyone that drives for Uber, Skip the Dishes, etc. It's fine for people like timbit, but unfortunately they kind of prey on low income/laid off people thinking they can actually make any money.

They rely on a steady stream of people attracted to the easy hiring and the idea that "Wow, I have a car so all I do is sign up and I'm employed!. Anyone who drives for more than a couple weeks backs out.

There's a reason the charges are so little.
Yeah pretty much this exactly. Uber would be even worse because you essentially need $800 to get set up then you make $10 an hour. The business model is built to take advantage of the gullible, and while I've actually enjoyed it so far, it'd be a pretty #### way to earn.

It's good for someone like me who has an injury keeping them away from their regular job and wants to fill up 3-4 hours in a day a few times a week instead of being completely lazy and going on ei or something . Or would be a decent thing for someone semi retired. You make a little bit of money, keep busy, and its stress free. But if you're after part time work for the money I'd say go work at earls or something.

Last edited by btimbit; 03-18-2018 at 03:04 AM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote