View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #32
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Well, it can't be either Kulak or Rittich. Neither one's name reaches the same threshold of awesomeness as any of the other choices you have listed.
And yet they play the more important positions than most of the forwards I've talked about. I think Kulak is getting underrated somewhat. A young, reliable bottom pairing dman may still be more valuable overall than guys who have only a chance at being 2nd/3rd line wingers. His NHL readiness and likelihood of achieving his potential are both high IMO. Kulak and Hathaway are the two most NHL ready prospects left but Hathaway as a 4th line winger obviously holds much less value.

I don't know Rittich's chances at developing into a starting NHL goalie but he had a very impressive year and I like his size. A starting NHL goalie is way more valuable than a bottom pairing dman or 2nd/3rd line forward. Very impressive stats and performances by him in a limited sample size. Hard to judge.

I actually have Rittich and Kulak as two of the favourites for this spot for those reasons.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote