View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 10:54 AM   #327
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, I'm kind of interested in this comparison because I'm currently trying to decide between the 65" CX or the 75" Q80T. I know that OLEDs produce better pictures, but there are a couple of reasons I think the Q80 might be better for me:

1) I live in a bachelor apartment and so I don't have a dedicated TV room. It's a decent-sized bachelor apartment and I currently have my TV against the wall/balcony doors that light comes in from. So while glare isn't a massive issue, the room does get fairly bright unless I close the blinds, something that I don't mind doing at night, but I'd rather keep them open during the day if I'm gaming or watching daytime sports.

2) Worried about screen burn. I use my TV as a PC monitor and I like strategy games. I'll play games such as Civ for hours on end and I'm worried that the OLED is going to burn-in if I do. I also sometimes pass out if I'm drinking and listening to tunes through my computer and could see the desktop or Spotify images burning in.

3) 75" would be way better for my FOV with the way I have things set up at the moment.
Not saying you shouldn't worry about screen burn but I have had an OLED for years now and it's also my gaming TV. As you know many games have static images for items such as HUD's and I've never encountered an issue with any screen burn so that's not something I would overly worry about. Passing out and leaving a static image on your screen for hours is something different but you could always adjust your screen saver settings accordingly as when using the LG web TV the screen saver will come on after inactivity.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: