View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 02:16 AM   #1464
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
That is true, Jagr was one of the better linemates Jankowski and Bennett had. If only he could stay healthy, they probably would’ve been effective the whole season.

The thing is, Bennett has shown some flashes of being something better than a forgettable bottom 6 player. He has very raw skills and that need refining. One day he could be a 20 goal, pitbull of a player which is why management probably hasn’t traded him yet. But other times he’ll take a ton of bad penalties, look invisible and everyone is left disappointed.

At some point I hope he can shake off the 4th overall tag because I think it weighs on him a lot. If he can play a disciplined game along with an honest effort every night, he can be a very effective player that a lot of teams will want. But I worry that the pride of being such a high pick will be the reason he wants out to start fresh somewhere else.
I agree with the below, he has too much character to be too prideful and want a fresh start on a new team. I bet you he wants to succeed here more than anything in the world.

The organization has always supported him so I don't know why he would want to leave. We are building around a young group and he could be a big part of that, and I'm sure he knows that.

He still has some work to do but I honestly don't think he wants out of Calgary in any way. The door is wide open for young guys to expand their roles on the roster, just look at how many there are on the team already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I guarantee Bennett never misses a game due to a contract dispute. The guy has the right character, that’s for sure.
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote