View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #60
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Christ, 15 month sentence with credit for time served so only 4 month sentence? And that's after her joke of a 5 year sentence for killing someone.

Looks like that rehab and rehabilitate is working out real well. Can't wait to read about the next time she maims or kills someone. Maybe the judges who keep giving her such light sentences should be stripped of their judicial duties, since clearly they exhibit extremely poor judgement having this woman get off so easily, only to re-offend.
I've noticed the courts tend to be a wee bit too sympathetic for substance abusers that happen to be habitual re-offenders. I am far from perfect, and was in trouble at one point (non-violent) in my life. Instead of blaming it on an issue I had with alcohol, I considered it a warning, and successfully completed rehab. Now I try to avoid using any mind-altering substance, since I know the determental effects it has on me. Unfortunately, while the majority of people in treatment are good people trying to get to the bottom of their problems, to better themselves, there are always a few people who are unwilling to change, don't care, and are going back to their previous lifestyle once they are discharged. I met a couple of people that had FIVE DUI's! I can understand one....maybe even two (even that is stretching it). But five DUI's???

Sometimes if people like this are not going to change, we have to consider what is in the best interest of the community in general. I am all for giving people a second chance if they mess up. However, when do we draw the line. At chance #11 or 12, there is not much hope of reforming a person.
ToewsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ToewsFan For This Useful Post: