Thread: Pokemon Go
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #2183
CASe333
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
They all give 500XP. I am just wondering if it is quicker to evolve 2 pidgeys for 500XP each, for a total of 2000XP with the lucky egg or 1 evolve that give me a new Mon for 2000XP (500XP evolve, 500XP pokedex entry).
What kind of phone are you using? If its an iphone or something with decent loading time you can hard stop the app right after evolving the new mon to skip the evolution and new dex animations. Its only efficient to do this if reloading the game and getting the next evolution started takes less than ~20s.

If you line up a bunch of eggs to hatch at the same time during your lucky egg this is a great way to stop all of the hatch animations too (1000xp for 10km eggs and x2 for double egg adds up quick!)

If you aren't using the hard stop method my guess is it would be faster to evolve 2 pidgeys vs a new mon just because the new dex animation is so long but its probably pretty close. They've changed the animation times a few times so I couldn't find relevant info to give an accurate comparison. If you try both scenarios maybe you can time them and report back
CASe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CASe333 For This Useful Post: