View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #56
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
My absolute favorite game of all time. So many excellent moments there. Malak was the original 'Meatbag'. Forcing Juhani to the light side. Joining Bastila on the dark side.

There has only ever been one game that has made me feel sick and terrible and ashamed of myself. It was KotOR. When you return to the Ebon Hawk on the unknown planet, dark side. Forcing Zaalbar to kill Mission, then killing him after too. I had to put the controller down and walk away. I was almost in tears.
One of the best moments, I think in the second game was when you came across the two feuding families who's kids got secretly married. You came across the families and as a jedi you were suppossed to defuse the situation. While I went full dark side and without lifting my light sabre convinced the families to butcher each other. My companion at the time thought I wasn't very jedi like.

The first time I played KOTOR I went fully light side, saved the galaxy and killed Malak.

The second time around I went full dark side, and yeah the scene where I convinced Zaalbar to butcher mission, and then killing him myself was actually very emotional. All while Bastilla was cheering me on.

It was a depressing end game, and slaughtering Malak out of revenge was kind of sad too.

Exceptional writing in that game never to be matched again.

I loved GTA 3 where you rescue the girl, and she's yaking away as the credit role, then the screen goes blank and you hear the single gun shot.

I remember the first time I got a tank in San Andreas after infiltrating area 69, and going on a kill streak through all five cities.

Of hijacking the 707 and flying it over Las Santos and parachuting out while watching the plane spiral into a crowded highway full of cars blowing up hundreds.

Wing Commander 4 and finally beating Seether when I used the old top gun move where you basically jam on the brakes and watch him fly buy and hitting him with everything and hearing him scream as he dies.

The first time I played Civ 2 and I nuked the damn dirty american city of Washington and started a full blown nuclear war that basically stripped all of the vegetation off of the planet.

Playing the last battle in Klingon Academy and swooping my huge dreadnaught over the enemies battleship and exchanging hell fire.

Playing Starfleet Academy and taking the real enterprise out of space dock.

Accidentally killing a red shirt in Star Trek 25th anniversary when I dropped a rock on him and seeing McCoy say "He's dead Jim"

In SWTOR when my Sith Warrior finished his story by beating Darth Baras twice and then turning to the Dark Council and telling them that they can rule as they please as long as they don't get in my way, then man strutting out of the council room was awesome.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote