View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 03:36 PM   #65
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones View Post
If you trade Lucic and Monahan this summer you are likely looking at 2 firsts equivalent. That's bad asset management to me.
That would be very bad asset management

Good thing Lucic won't cost anywhere near that with 1$ million in cash on his contract next year (Assuming he waives)

He will be playing for Seattle next season providing leadership and protection for their young players. And I don't even think the Flames will need to attach much of a sweetener.

Monahan is trickier. I think we see a D paid ~2.5/3million on a expiring contract come back (Similar to Zad or Gun) to replace them to a team hoping for an offense boost from Monny playing him on the 2nd line. Flames may have to attach a prospect, but teams are always looking for offense and I believe someone will look at Monny and think putting him with a playmaker on the 2nd line can get you 25 goals again.

Flames probably end up take a contract back thats expiring or has 2 years left to make it happen, and it seems to make since an underachieving D to be that contract especially if we loose our 3rd pairing to UFA
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote