View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #2234
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Sorry Cap’n but you’re just doing the same thing but on a smaller timeline.

The problems that previous generations faced aren’t relevant to the OP’s point.

It’s gatekeeping. It’s like saying someone knows nothing about depression because I know someone else who was way more depressed than that. Comparisons are pointless and it becomes a really sad pissing contest to see who had it worse.

Blaming it on the media, hysteria, wimpy kids etc is just a way people monopolize sympathy or frustration or whatever it is that motivates people to minimalize the problems of others to make their own issues seem worse.
Would you want to leave today and go back to any time in history ? I know my answer is no. I can’t see how anyone would actually think there is a time in history they would rather live in.

So either the argument is wrong, or the actual argument / statement is the world has always been and still is a terrible place.

If its the later then I don’t know what to say other then I feel sorry for someone who goes through life everyday believing the world is and always has been terrible instead of the massive leaps in almost every aspect of quality of life that are occurring at an exponential pace
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post: