View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 07:59 PM   #1698
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Just finished Better Call Saul. What an amazing series and equally amazing ending. I've never thought much about a series finally as much as I have on this one - maybe the Shield is up there. But this was such a great show. The ups and downs of Jimmy/Saul was a great rollercoaster ride.

I don't remember Breaking Bad being as good but this might be an indication that I should re-watch that show. It's good to have extra context with more of the back story. My wife hasn't seen it so it might be a good show to watch with her and then follow up with Better Call Saul.
My 16 yo son got into BB a few months ago and binged his way through it pretty quickly and loved every minute of it. He's on season 4 of Saul and loving it as well. Binging both one after another is such a good way to watch it as he notices every call back to BB. I'll watch random episodes of both with him on his journey through it, and they are both such remarkable series. The excruciating attention to detail with so many payoffs, the cinematography, and the storytelling is unlike anything else. Kudos to Sony or AMC or whoever who gave them complete creative control to write and produce this on their own terms.

After watching most of both series 2-3 times I have to give the edge to BCS if keeping score. Characters and actors were a bit better, and stories were a bit more mature. BB wins for sure for quotable lines and iconic scenes, but BCS was more satisfying as a whole, especially the last half of the series.

I will be pretty surprised if any long running series even approaches this body of work in my lifetime.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote