View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 09:54 PM   #30
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I was kinda hoping to see a few more invites, as there was plenty of noteworthy prospects that went undrafted this year. I was looking at the Leafs' Development Camp roster, and they have a large group of undrafted invitees coming to camp-including names like C Braeden Kressler, G Braden Holt, and C Lawson Sherk. They also have older kids coming, like LW James Hardie (many of us know this name), C Cedric Pare' and C Theo Rochette. The one name that stands out the most IMO is D Jacob Guevin-he's 5'11", but was the top-scoring draft-eligible D-man in his first year of eligibility in the USHL. He's got an impressive arsenal of offensive skill, and is already turning heads in camp. Despite his size, he plays a physical game and skates very well. Negatives are his decision-making at times, and his defensive play-neither of which were bad enough to keep him from being drafted. Lots of very surprising names were left on the board this year, lots more than usual with the situation regarding the CHL.
I guess these players have to want to come to Calgary.

Maybe Leaf fans are right, everyone wants to play for the Leafs.