View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #3653
Dr. Doom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Is Kuemper that much better than Ortio that he's worth the Flames giving up solid assets to acquire to back up the new starting goaltender? I don't think so but if the price is reasonable I have no issues bringing him in as I'm not sold on Ortio. That writer has an inflated worth of Kuemper on the trade market as we aren't talking about Cam Talbot here and he only fetched a 2nd, 3rd, and 7th pick.
Exactly. I think the writer used the word "huge" at one point to describe his value even. The moment I read that I just assumed a bias.

Realistically, and what is soon to be considered a flooded market due to expansion, names like Fleury and Varlamov may become available. Kuemper's value will hardly be huge. He's unproven afterall oh and a UFA after next season to boot.

He actually makes great sense as a backup - but who could turn it on as a pending UFA. I think we get him for one of our 2nds.

Pure guess but I think we inquired about him at the deadline while doing the Jones deal - as the Wild would have wanted him for the playoffs. At the time fletcher (loose lips) said there was deals to be made that had to wait for offseason. Funny it's offseason and now he's broadcasting Kuemper.