View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 09:17 PM   #28
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can not stress enough the route of going through a Senior Vice President who actually has the authority, understanding of potential costs, including legal and the brain power to understand what is going on.

Like I said in a previous post, emphasize how many hours you and your local branch employee's have spent on this issue and how it's affecting sales and your future business with Scotia.

As for the Manager, I think they know somewhere along the line there was a screw up and are trying to save face/ costs. Bank business wither it be deposit accounts, investments and lending products such as mortgages and lines of credit are literally transferred to other financial institutions daily, hence your signed transfer request. Generally speaking you may get a phone call from he bank or branch asking if they can salvage the business but at the signed stage, usually doesn't happen.

Throw in the media threat and things should start to proceed quickly as long as everything has been signed and dated prior to maturity as per your posts. Ever notice all the news stories and consumer reports from clients who have had issues? A large portion of these cases are settled once the media get's involved cause it get's people's attention who have authority.

The recent case in Vancouver of a BMO branch and Vancouver Police arresting a 12 year old and a grandfather. Somewhere along the lines things got messed up and the police were called, rightly or wrongly, I don't know. Anyhow things escalated in the media and some low ranking loser was probably dealing with it internally until the President of the banking division got involved.

Either way, good luck but don't discount the power of people who have it. Bank Managers in 2020 barely have authority to authorize a mortgage approval or a gift card for a client! Back in the day they were given handguns to protect staff from robberies.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote