View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #1062
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Elbow River will be lined with green space. A linear park will run west from the river between the CPR mainline and 10th Avenue, all the way to the green line station at Fourth Street S.E.
This is pretty interesting - with the removal of the transit garage, they will be able to make a nice(r) link from Fort Calgary riverwalk to Enmax Park. The linear park is cool, too, but I wonder how they'll mitigate rail noise? Seems to me they do a lot of humping of trains along that stretch? I don't want to be anywhere nearby when that's going on without a really good set of earplugs.

I think I've asked this before and forgotten the answer - it seems to me that one of the bridges over the Elbow (9 Ave, Macdonald Ave, or the CPR bridge) is near the end of its lifecycle? Haven't skimmed through the whole doc yet to see if they have any plans for replacement/realignment?

The idea of a 'Music Mile' (map on p.31) from Inglewood to Studio Bell is also cool; the Stampede Youth Campus and Opera Centre will also be just a few blocks south.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote