View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #57
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
If Treliving calls Rittich's agent now, Treliving looks like he is a little desperate to get a quick signing, especially since I can't remember a mid season deal by Treliving. If he waits like normal he's giving a "business as usual vibe".

Plus, it's been only a half year. Just a little before this time last year I bet there were people asking for a Mike Smith re-signing as well.

I'd be shocked if Rittich gets 5 or 6, even after a great year.
I don’t think any of us really know how the business/agent nuances really affects contracts, so I won’t personally go there.

But it’s true that Mike Smith had an incredible 3 months, but he was also in his mid 30’s and the equipment change this season has really tanked his career. Being a lanky guy like him, I’m not surprised it’s affected him so much. But that doesn’t seem to be the case with BSD.

I can’t guarantee he gets 5 or 6 either, but I also didn’t expect Hellebuyck to get 6+ after 1 good year. Rittich’s agent is probably going to use Hellebuyck as a comparable and the more things that match by season’s end, the more comparable their contracts could get. Personally I hope I’m wrong because our cap situation would be ****** in the summer.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote