View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #25
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I'm pretty leery of Kovy. He is 35 years old, last played NHL hockey in 2013 (albeit at almost a PPG and .3 GPG). His KHL goals and points last year were 31 and 63 in 53 games - what's the NHLe of that? Vollman says .8 but I'm skeptical.
He's 35 years old, but he's ridiculously skilled and one of the best pure goal scorers I've ever seen. He's not Jagr old or anything, so it wouldn't be crazy to automatically expect 20 goals and 50+ points from him still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Uncle View Post
I agree it would be great to have Patches. Given that ahead of the trade deadline it was reported by Kipreos that the ask was “as many as four pieces: a first-rounder, a second-rounder, a warm roster body, and a top prospect.”, unless the price drops significantly I don't see Patches as a Flame.

Bergevin seems to be a loose cannon though so who knows what he'd actually accept.
Bergevin can ask for those pieces all he wants, but clearly he doesn't get the best of trades as you can see from his trade history. A little negotiating on Treliving's part and I could easily see a 1 for 1 trade, Pacioretty for Brodie.

My only issue is that Patches is a LS-LW, so it doesn't really address our lineup problems.

Still, he's a good player that's undervalued the same way Monahan is....because he's quiet.