View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #47
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
It's not just fun, it's his business. He's probably already spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on this advertising. Cheaping out on the actual message is going to cost him much more than just 50 bucks. It will waste his time and the money that went into purchasing the advertising space.

The message has to resonate and hold true. On my way to work, I keep seeing this bus bench of some dude advertising his real estate services... basically some pimple-faced teen with the generic tag-line of "a name you can trust". Right, you're fresh out of high school and I'm supposed to trust your vast experience. Probably paid $50 bucks for that too.
Travis isn't asking for anything outlandish here and the $50 offer was nice I thought. In some ways, the people here are our daytime "buddies" and I think he was asking us as his pseudo-buddies and not looking for free professional services like how you took it.

With enough people thinking about it here we could get lucky and come up with something as good or better than something he could get by paying a marketing firm. Nothing wrong with asking...CPers ask the lawyers for help here all the time. Just yesterday or the day before Ktrain was coaching somebody on photoshop and I think he does that professionally.

A good seven-word slogan is difficult, though. As Mark Twain said, "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one." You can get lucky and come up with something good right away on this Travis and hopefully CP can help, but this is also the kind of thing that could take a pro six hours. You never know.

I agree with Table 5 that the ad should be awesome or you're wasting your time. If you don't come up with something good, I have a friend who is a copywriter that is great at slogans but he'd probably cost you closer to $100/hour.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: