View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 06:55 PM   #12
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcot View Post
This might be a good place to look into.

Neurovestibular Clinic at South Health Campus
I went to this for a consult at one point, they seemed knowledgeable. Ultimately I was told I had benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).

But it usually doesn't take years to recover from that, and it took me years. In fact I still wouldn't say I'm 100% recovered, like 99.5% but I still get small moments of feeling unbalanced or lack of sync between brain/eyes/ears. It's just a permanent feature of life now.

I did quite a bit of physio to recover and both physiotherapists thought how I recovered was more like nerve damage than BPPV. But I do remember them doing an MRI or whatever on my head and not finding any damage.

I did go to an audiologist but ended up just going to some random one and they didn't have much to say about the diplacusis and other symptoms.

The diplacusis and other symptoms did clear up by themselves eventually as well. Though I still do seem to be more sensitive to things having to be in tune.. like if a piano isn't in perfect tune it really bugs me even more than it used to.