View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 01:23 PM   #52
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
My budget is tight. I don’t mind spending a bit for an overnight somewhere as an example but we just returned home from a lengthy overseas trip so I don’t have a heap of extra money laying around.

So maybe 1 or 2 bigger nights out and 3/4 date nights planned. We haven’t had much for date nights over the last few years as our kids are younger. So it would be nice to take my wife out again.
Polaroid/Instax photoshoot? Costs around $100 and maybe another $10-20 in refills.

Yes, you can do higher quality shots on a phone. Yes you can do even higher quality for a professional photoshoot. But there's something fun and truly nostalgic about whatever you get with Polaroids/Instax, especially for places you frequent regularly. Don't buy those mini printers to print phone pics. It's not the same.

But if you can get a Polaroid or Instax shot of each other playing arcade games, it just seems so much more interesting in a photo collage/shadow box with the receipts and stubs beside it than printed cell phone pics with no context.

TBH, for this, some of it, the dumber the better. Like sledding down a hill or at a sporting event, in front of your own house/old house/car, skating at a park, axe throwing, archery, paintball, cooking class, barista class, even just asking the kids to get some weird surprise shots of the two of you to add to the collage might be kind of neat and different. To perhaps see daily life in a slightly goofier and different context.

Just an idea to add on to the other ideas for experiences.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: