View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 09:36 PM   #668
CaptainReboot
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
I actually have an initial interview scheduled for this Monday with a company based out of San Francisco that offers remote work. I assume that by remote work they mean anywhere within the United States.

I'm not sure how to pitch the idea of allowing them to hire a Canadian, as I don't know what implications this may have on them. Any idea what would be involved to hire me? Would it be a TN Visa and then me taking care of the tax aspect myself? Would I set up a US corporation?
I work for a company based out of the US and am 100% remote. The easiest way for them to get me started was to onboard me as a contractor through an IT staffing firm. The firm I go through has both a Canadian and US entity. I decided to go the T4 route as I didn’t want to bother with getting incorporated, finding an accountant for my taxes, etc. So I’m on their Canadian payroll, get paid in CAD, taxed, etc no different than any other Canadian employee. The company that I work for gets an invoice from their US entity in USD. Pretty easy and straight forward.
CaptainReboot is offline   Reply With Quote