View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Chris Peters gives his NCAA preview. (unlocked article for a limited time)
https://hockeysense.substack.com/p/m...preview-top-10

He has Harvard at #9 in his NCAA team rankings and Coronato as the 9th best NHL prospect in the NCAA.

Quote:
9. Harvard

Polls: 16/11

NHL Prospects: Matthew Coronato (CGY), Sean Farrell (MTL), Henry Thrun (ANA), Ian Moore (ANA), John Farinacci (ARI), Alex Laferriere (LAK), Mitchell Gibson (WSH), Jack Bar (DAL), John Fusco (TOR), Kyle Aucoin (DET), Nick Abruzzese (TOR), Austin Wong (WPG)

Outlook: After sitting out last season, Harvard sustained some significant losses to their roster, but they’re gaining a lot back with essentially two excellent recruiting classes entering college hockey at the same time. On top of that, they have key returning players including Hobey Hopeful Nick Abruzzese, John Farinacci and Henry Thrun, who each enjoyed good success in their first taste of ECAC hockey two seasons ago.

The big question for me is if Harvard will have the goaltending to battle for a spot in the ECAC, but Mitchell Gibson is a talent. I just wonder how a year off of hockey will impact him as I think the goalies have a longer road back than anyone else. Harvard has good balance among their forwards which will include first-round pick Matt Coronato and USHL MVP Sean Farrell as new additions. On the back end, there’s plenty of talent aside from Thrun, with Ian Moore being a World Junior candidate as a first-year player for the Crimson.

I think their offensive attack should be enough to compete for the ECAC title this year as the league recovers from a season that saw only four teams competing by the end of it.

Last edited by sureLoss; 10-01-2021 at 12:35 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: