View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #100
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lennox Furnance Intermittent Problem

I have a Lennox Merit Series gas furnance (G40UH) with sureLight Ignition Syetem and a Honneywell weekday/weekend (5 day/2 day) programmable thermostat both thermostat and furnace are ~9 years old.

The furnace most recently seems to be working fine at times and then not working at times...
I have been watching the lights and both LED 1 and LED 2 simultaneously slow flash which according to my book is power on normal operation when the thermostat is asking for heat they both flash together fast meaing heat demand initiated at thermostat then I get a alternate slow flash in both LED 1 & 2 which means Watchguard - burners failed to ignite.

Any things I can try on my own or should I simply get it service asap?

We just moved in house 6 mths ago. Guilty as charged and shold be changing filters, especially after reading this thread - thanks!

I've read that turning off the power at the circuit board when lights are alternating can help reset the problem, but I wonder if there is still an underlying issue?

FYI: Service has been regular apparently, but last serviced in 2010.

Many thanks.