View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #84
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Actually in some cases YES ...if the renovations were done in the winter time and the furnace was used more than normal to dry paint and or freshly mudded drywall mud and tape.

I typically see abuse of furnaces all the time when it comes to certain trades who dont want to spend the time waiting
for things to dry...or cure....they crank the heat and nobody ever thinks of changing the filter daily when sanding and cutting material inside during the winter or any time of year!

Its unacceptable when trades go unchecked and do these things ......my job becomes more difficult trying to explain to my customer how the most expensive appliance in the house got abused and I see this 2-3 times a week.

Mostly the customers go out of pocket for the expense of furnace and duct cleaning that was ENTIRELY AVOIDABLE.

I am merely trying to point out to people that its entirely predictable it WILL be an issue. Save yourself the grief and get ME OUT FOR FREE....

I did a house today ....2 furnace home 2800 sq ft and both furnaces were high efficient with air conditioning on both. They had electronic air cleaners and UV lights.

Thats $22,000 dollars of equipment. I spent 4 hours doing a 2 hour job trying to clean out drywall dust from everywhere imaginable.

I had to replace 2 flame sensors, 2 hot surface ignitors and the bill jumped from an original estimate of $475.00 all in to over $700.00 to replace components .

Sorry for the long winded response but all of it was entirely avoidable by changing filters daily during construction

Last edited by EVERLAST; 04-01-2012 at 07:49 AM.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote