View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #1056
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
Unpopular opinion but im not really worried about him. I have said it before but the Flames are utilizing him in a horrible way and until he is moved to one of the top 2 lines he will not produce. If he is moved to the top 2 lines and still doesn't produce than ill be worried. Snipers dont work with grinders. Bennett looked good at centre yesterday. I would do Tkachuk-Bennett-Neal until Backs is back. Please for the love of god put Neal up and Take Bennett off of his off-wing.
Obviously it’s really tough to break up that first line when the chemistry is clicking so well. But I was definitely in the camp for Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal in the offseason due to this reasoning. And even though Neal was playing on lower lines previously, when he was paired with an elite playmaker (Malkin) he did his most damage, scoring 40+ goals that season.

It’s fantastic that the depth scoring is kicking in this season, and part of the reason why we’re one of the highest scoring teams in the league this year. But that top line still accounts for a huge chunk of the offense. With Backlund and Frolik both out for the near future I think you have to do a bit of experimentation to spread the offense out, particularly if the 1st line with Lindholm sees a lot of shutdown matchups.

These were the two scoring lines I had pencilled up a few months back in this thread. I’d really like to see them attempted.

Gaudreau – Monahan – Neal
Tkachuk – Lindholm - Bennett