Thread: Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #60
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
I've lived in mainland China for 8 years now. For the first 5 years I didn't use a VPN and got all the info I needed. Heck it's one of the reasons I used CalgaryPuck because you can get any info and it's not blocked.

I totally agree with you about western media bias. For sure it's not perfect in China, but guess what...No country is.

I read Reuters and CBC news it makes HK sound like a warzone. Seriously, protesters shutdown Pearson Airport two days in a row what's the reaction from Canadians going to be?

I returned from China one time during the G20 being in Toronto. Way less people and the police sure seemed extreme to me.

Before people judge what it's like in China o really suggest first coming here. It's really feels just as free as Canada. And this is coming from a guy with a Canadian maple.leaf tartoo on his back.
I mean sure their communist government has politically murdered and willfully starved to death tens of millions of people within living memory without having to pay a single karmic or political cent of reconciliation for any of it, but hey who's perfect? John A Macdonald made some off-colour remarks over 150 years ago so really Canada is every bit as bad when you think about it.
CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorbeauNoir For This Useful Post: