View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #141
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
I was pointing out that the numbers that the City are putting out are totally different (out by a full order of magnitude) now that they're trying to shove this limit reduction down your throats.

I think your confusion was your random selection of "googling 10%" of their suddenly massive claim of $1.2 billion. Nobody else was doing that.
But that's what I'm saying. It's the same numbers and the same order of magnitude. They're not putting out totally different numbers by a full order of magnitude, they're just saying it in a different way. Dispute the numbers and how they got to them if you want but the City is being consistent.
  • The first article said all accidents in the City cost a total of 1.2 billion and reducing speed limits would save 10%-20%. 10% of 1.2 billion is 0.12 billion or 120 million.
  • The second article said that the City would save 120 million by reducing speed limits.

Get it? I didn't pull 10% out of the air, it was in the article. 120 million is the same number as 0.12 billion, which is a 10% savings from 1.2 billion.

Both articles have the City saying the same number and the same order of magnitude, they're just saying it in a different way.

Last edited by Torture; 11-19-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote