Thread: Telus Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 01:36 AM   #77
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup... it is a scam.

After hours of waiting on hold I finally got through to someone at Telus.

Scammers call, find someone to con. They get your name, account number, credit card, etc. All under the guise of offering a smoking great deal. They setup an online account and order a few devices, with the credit card number you gave them. They have a fake email address used for this account they just stole from you. They get tracking information and call you sometime after you receive the devices. Tell you they made a mistake and they'll give you the proper devices, please send them back. They'll give you a pre-paid shipping label (probably paid for with your card, or some other stolen card). The label sends it to their house, or a friend's house. Or a house they live nearby and can porch pirate when the phones you "sent back" arrive.

I spent a lot of time on hold. I have also contacted the police and I'm supposed to contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud hotline too. My mom cancelled her credit card and Telus will help us restore her account and return the devices properly as well as reverse charges for the phones and plan.

Pretty slimey.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote